When applying for a nanny position, you should clearly understand that experience and age play a fundamental role for the employer, so the Resume Example for Babysitter should be based on these main points.
First and foremost, it should include:
- Name and surname and attach a photo;
- Contact information (phone, e-mail address);
- marital status, whether you have children of your own and how many of them;
- year of birth.
The next block is education
It contains information about secondary and higher education. It is good if the higher education is sociological, medical or pedagogical. The employer is more likely to give preference to such a candidate. In any case, the presence and any other education - a huge plus, because it happens that applicants for the position of nanny and does not have any.
Immediately after the block of education follows a section with information about work experience. It should start with the last place of work and move in chronological order.
In addition to the place of work, the resume should also indicate:
- the length of time working at each place;
- The number of children the candidate has looked after and their ages;
main responsibilities, such as picking up from school/kindergarten, taking them to extra classes, doing homework, playing games, reading books, developing the child in every way, going for walks and to amusement parks;
- Achievements at work: expanding the range of responsibilities.
Experience and functional responsibilities of the candidate play a decisive role for the employer in the choice, so in the resume this block should be outlined in maximum detail.
The penultimate section of the resume - personal characteristics, it includes:
- proficiency in foreign languages;
- level of computer literacy;
- hobbies and interests;
- Certificates of passing all sorts of courses, training programs;
- Personal qualities that can help in the work (of course, too praise yourself is not necessary, enough to mention the non-conflict and stress resistance).
And at the end of your resume you should add letters of recommendation from previous employers. If they are not available, be sure to ask for such recommendations from former employers, because they are the trump card, which can be decisive in favor of your candidacy.